Pumpkin & Green Bean, Tofu Thai Red Curry
- 2 Tblspn Coconut oil for frying
- 1 Pack Tofu – diced into cubes
- 1 jar of Simon Johnson Thai Red Curry
- 1 brown onion – cut into wedges
- 1 Red Capsicum – cut into large pieces (~3x3cm)
- 1 Green Capsicum – cut into large pieces (~3x3cm)
- 1 large piece Pumpkin (~600g) – Cut into large chunks
- 500g Hand picked Green beans – trimmed + cut in half
- 4 Kaffir Lime leaves
- 1 Tblspn Niulife Coconut Amino Fish Sauce (or Megachef)
- 2 Emma coconut cream powder sachets – stirred in 500ml warm water 500ml of stock (any…)
- Handful fresh Coriander leaves
- Handful fresh Basil leaves
- Steamed Basmati to serve with.
- Fry Tofu with 1 Tblspn of coconut oil in a pan till all sides are golden. Set aside.
- In the meantime, in a casserole warm up 1 Tblspn coconut oil and fry up curry paste with Kaffir Lime leaves till aromatic.
- Add onion to the casserole to soften.
- Add coconut powder mix, stock, Tofu and Fish sauce, and bring up to a gentle simmer.
- Add Pumpkin and simmer till just tender but not mushy.
- Add green + red Capsicum and five minutes later add green beans for another 5-7 min till beans are cooked yet still firm. (If you like your beans soft, add them with the pumpkin)
- Throw herbs in.
- Serve w/ steamed Basmati 🍚