Roasted Jap Pumpkin with Zhoug and Cauliflower & Corn Pilaf
- Large piece of Jap Pumpkin
- 1 Whole cauliflower
- 4 corn cobs – Steamed & cut off the cob
For Zhoug paste:
In a food processor mix…
- bunches Coriander
- 7-10 garlic cloves
- 1.5 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt10 long Chillies (more or less)
- 3 tablespoons EVOO (light flavour)
- 1/2 lemon – juiced
- Cut Pumpkin into wedges, brush with oil and sprinkle salt. Bake in a hot oven for about 40minutes
- Grate the Cauliflower and toss with 1 tablespoon of Evoo and salt in a frying pan, with lid on and steam for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime make Zhoug. In a food processor mix to paste…
2 bunches Coriander
– 10 garlic cloves
– 1.5 tablespoon ground cumin
– 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
– 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 10 long Chillies (more or less)
– 3 tablespoons EVOO (light flavour)
– 1/2 lemon – juiced
- When cauliflower and corn are ready, mix the two together with a squeeze of lemon juice and Evoo (salt to taste).
- Serve with brown caramelised pumpkin and Zhoug brushed on.
*** always use fresh spices. I use Herbies Spices.