In 1958, the Myer family purchased Elgee Park. Initially it was dedicated to sheep grazing, however over the years the family diversified the property, introducing cattle, horses and a vineyard and saying goodbye to sheep in the late 1980s.
The Myer family bought Elgee Park as a getaway for their growing family; a place where the children could play and the family could pursue varied interests. In 1958 there was only a home and a shed and on the undulating hills of Elgee Park. Over the years, the Myer family added a new home, stables, a vineyard and winery, an orchard, a quarter horse stud and more than 45 sculptures. Their adult children own nearby properties, continuing the family’s strong connection with this region of Victoria.