- 500g Pack of Pasta (I used Giuseppe Orecchiette)
- Salt to taste (1-2 teaspoon)
- 1 red onion – finely dice and soak in 2 tablespoons of Cellar & Pantry apple cider vinegar until the pasta is ready
- 2 cloves garlic – thinly sliced
- 3 Tablespoons capers (optional)
- 1 cup Cellar & Pantry Extra Virgin Olive Oil plus a little more for sautéing
- 300g Mortadella – sliced thin from our deli. Cut into slivers
- 2 heads Broccoli – broken into florettes and finely chopped (peel stalks and chop too)
- 200g Paul’s Pesto
- 100g Roquette – roughly chopped.
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- Parmigiano Reggiano – Grated when you serve
- Fill up a Pot of salted water and bring to the boil. When water is boiling, add pasta and occasionally stir till ready (10 minutes). Then drain and pour back into the pot.
While the water is rolling boiling and Pasta is cooking in the background, start your sauce.
- In a large pan on medium heat, saute garlic and capers with a couple pinches of salt and olive oil until capers start to pop a little and become aromatic.
- Add the rest of the oil and slivered Mortadella to the pan and saute until the ends get a little brown and semi crispy.
- Add chopped Broccoli and saute until it’s just tender and still bright green (if you like it softer, cook a little longer).
- Stir the Pesto, lemon juice and zest through the pan and add salt to taste.
- Stir the sauce through the pasta and then add the roquette, onion and vinegar.
- Grate Parmigiano Reggiano on top.
- Scoff down straight from the pot.
Any leftover are great for next day lunch boxes.
And if you’re in a mega rush, you can click & collect the ingredient here