- 2 Ocean Trout Fillets – each cut into 3 long pieces
- 1 Medium Fennel Bulb – Thinly sliced and tossed with a little olive oil and salt just enough to coat.
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- About a Tablespoon Vincotto
For the Crust:
- 4 Dried Wild Figs
- 1 teaspoons Coriander Seeds
- 2 Tablespoon Pistachio Kernels
- 1 lemon (Zested)
- 1/4 teaspoon pink salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of cracked pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Breadcrumbs
- set your oven on 180c .
- To make the crust, pulse all the ingredients in a food processor (or in a mortar & pestle) until you get a nice coarse crumb.
- Place half the butter at the bottom of an oven dish with a sprinkle of salt and place the fish on the butter, skin side down.
- Crust the fish with most of the mix and top with the rest of the butter.
- Toss the rest of the crumb through the fennel and spread around the fish.
- Place your oven dish with the fish and fennel in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Let the fish rest out of the oven for 2-3 minutes.
- Drizzle Vincotto and a squeeze of lemon to serve. Enjoy with fresh roquette salad, smashed roasted potato & pumpkin and a glass of Pinot Gris.
Get your ingredients for click and collect here .