Enjoy this recipe as a healthy (yet luscious) breakfast when you use the poached apricots over vanilla bean yoghurt or Greek yoghurt (if you like it less sweet), or top Vanilla bean ice cream for a delicious dessert.
Make 2-4 serves
- 400ml water
- 1 Vanilla bean – split
- 50g Coconut sugar
- 2 cardamom pods (cracked open)
- 2 teaspoons Orange blossom (optional but highly recommended)
- 2 pinches saffron
- 6 Apricots – cut into halves (discard the stone)
- 1 pinch of Himalayan sea salt
To Finish it off
- 80g Hazelnut – lightly coat with Olive Oil and a couple of pinches of salt and roast in the oven for 15 minutes on 165c (till golden brown), cool down then crush.
- 1 pinch Mediterranean black salt flakes
- teaspoon Mint leaves
- 3 Tablespoons Yoghurt per person (your choice of greek savoury yoghurt, Vanilla bean yoghurt or Vanilla/Chocolate Ice Cream)
- Simmer Syrup ingredients for 10-12 minutes with apricots in.
- Gently take Aprictos out of the syrup, then put syrup back on the stove till reduced to syrup consistency (about another 10 minutes).
- Dish yoghurt/ice cream in bowls
- Top with apricots and syrup
- Add crushed hazelnuts and mint
- Sprinkle salt