Gorgonzola Dolce’ & Caramelised Fennel Gnocchi
- 100g walnuts – toasted and roughly chopped
- 30g butter
- 3 Baby fennel – thickly sliced, reserve fronds
- 2 – 3 cloves garlic – finely sliced
- 1 red onion – finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Sherry vinegar
- 80-100g Gorgonzola Dolce
- 500g packet Gnocchi – Cooked according to packet instructions or even better, make it yourself . Set aside tossed through olive oil and a sprinkle of sea salt till sauce is ready.
- 1 Handful parsley leaves – roughly chopped
- In a shallow frying pan, melt butter and add Fennel. Slowly caramelise till golden brown on both side (5-6 minutes each side). When Fennel is ready, take it out of the pan and set aside. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- In the same frying pan, add garlic and fry for a minute till golden. Add red onion and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Toss Sherry vinegar through the onion and turn heat off.
- Add Gorgonzola to the pan and wait a couple of minutes for it to melt with residual heat.
- Toss prepared Gnocchi through the sauce for a couple of minutes till all gnocchi is coated with sauce.
- Mix through Fennel fronds and parsley and dig in.