Stuffed Carrot & Zucchini
w/ Wild Rice & Chickpea Couscous
- 4 Carrots – peeled, cut into 3 equal chunks and steamed for 15 minutes, slightly cool and then core.
- 3 Zucchini – cut into 3 equal chunks, then core.
(While carrots are steaming prepare you stuffing)
- 1/3 cup wild rice (Steam with 2/3 cup water and 1 teaspoon salt till liquid is absorbed)
- 1/ cup chickpea couscous (Add to the wild rice with 1/3 cup boiled water, cover with a lid and let sit for 10 minutes off the heat, then cool mixture)
- Add 1/2 of the following spices to the grains (The second half will be added to the stock):
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 2 Tablespoon Dill – Finely Chopped
– 2 Tablespoon Parsley – Finely Chopped
– 1/2 teaspoon ground fennel seeds
– 1 teaspoon Sweet Paprika
– 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
– 1/2 teaspoon Tumeric
- Stuff the cored carrots and zucchinis with the mixture (loosely, not packed)
- Generously oil a baking tray and stand up the veg.
- Pour into the tray (and over the veg ) the following mix :
– 1 cup water
– 1 stock cube
– 1 Tablespoon Pomegranate Molasses
– Remaining of the spice mix
? Cover with Foil and bake on 180c for 20 min, then uncover and bake for another 20 minutes.Drizzle with Tahini and dig in.