- 250ml Full cream milk
- 250ml Pure cream
- 1/4 Tblspn Sugar
- 2 tspn Chai leave mix (not powder)
- 1/4 tspn vanilla extract
- 1 pinch Cardamom powder
- 2 thin pieces orange peel (no pith)
- 3.5 Tblspn cornflour + 3 Tblspn COLD WATER mix
- 2 Tblspn finely chopped pistachio
- 1 Tblspn shredded/desiccated coconut (lightly toasted if you want)
- Rose-petal syrup OR Ribena OR Raspberry cordial
- Mix milk mix ingredients, EXCEPT for cornflour/water mix, in a saucepan.
- Bring to a LIGHT simmer, then switch off heat for flavours to infuse for 30-60 minutes (the longer the more flavourful it’ll be)
- Strain milk + put back in saucepan
- Add cornflour mix to milk infusion + put back on stove top. Bring to a gentle simmer, stirring continuously (7 min) till the mix gets thick & smooth.
- Pour into 4 cups + refrigerate for 4 hrs.
- Top w/ 1 Tblspns of syrup, pistachio & coconut.
- Close your eyes, take a spoonful and imagine you’re somewhere warm in a busy street market ☀️