Kao Kao Miso Glazed Eggplant
- 3 X Eggplants – Cut in half length way
- 1/2 Cup Olive oil
- 2 Tablespoon Kao Kao Miso
- 3 Tablespoon Mirin
- 3 Tablespoon Cooking Sake
- 2 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Black Sesame Oil
- 30g Fresh Ginger – Grated
- 1 Garlic love – Minced
- 2 red Chilli – thinly sliced
- 1 cup Mint and Coriander leaves – Chopped
- Cooked Basmati rice to serve
- Criss Cross score the eggplant, sprinkle a little salt and brush with olive oil (skin too).
- Place the eggplant on an oven tray, face down, in a 200c preheated oven for 20 minutes. Flip the eggplant and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Mix Miso, Mirin, Sake, Sugar, Sesame oil, ginger and garlic and generously brush the eggplant flesh (facing up).
- Return to oven for another 10 minutes till glaze is golden.
- Serve hot eggplant, topped with Rice, Herbs & Chilli.