Warm Potato salad & Kale, crunchy Snow Peas
- 5 Russet Potatoes – Boiled
- 350g Snow Peas – blanched, cooled and cut into thirds
- 10-12 Cornichons – finely diced.
- 1 Tablespoon chives – chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Parsley – chopped
- 4-5 young leaves of Mossy Willow Kale – de-stemmed, blanched and dried.
- 2 Tablespoon aioli
- 1.5 Tablespoon bone sucking mustard
- Salt & cracked Pepper
- When Potatoes are cooled enough to touch, peel and dice.
- Mix Aioli and Mustard and salt & cracked pepper.
- Add dressing to Potatoes and mix well.
- Toss cornichons through potatoes.
- Finely Chop Kale and toss through Potatoes.
- Add cut Snow Peas and herbs.
- Taste and adjust seasoning (Potatoes and snow peas LOVE salt)
- Serve warm
Crusty Potato, Kale & Chilli
- 4 Russet Potatoes – Boiled (Keep Skin on)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 long chillies – cut across into thin discs (discard seeds)
- 3 cloves garlic – thinly sliced
- 10 stocks of Mossy Willow Kale – de-stemmed blanched and dried.
- 120ml Evoo
- 1 lemon – Juiced
- Salt & Pepper
- Sauté chillies with olive oil for about 5 minutes, then add garlic and sauté till translucent.
- Take out of the pan and set aside.
- When Potatoes are cooled to touch, dice them and toss into a frying pan with enough olive oil to well coat and salt . Rough them up in the pan and fry till golden golden brown and crusty. Add more oil if needed.
- Roughly chop Kale
- Mix lemon & olive oil till emulsified
- In a bowl, mix potatoes, chilli, garlic, Kale and dressing, Season with more salt and cracked pepper if needed.
- Best eaten warm.