Can’t be Stuffed Cabbage
- 1/2 white cabbage – broken into leaves, boiled till tender + strained.
- 120ml Olive oil
- 1 red onion
- 1 carrot
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tspn Sweet Paprika
- 1.5 tspn Tumeric
- 1/2 tspn Black pepper
- 2 tspn salt (+ more to sprinkle over cabbage)
- 400g premium beef mince
- 4 heaped Tbspn tomato paste
- 1.5 L beef stock
- 2 Tbspn Pomegranate Molasses
- 400g medium grain rice
- Crumbled Fetta & Parsley to serve .
- Dice onion, carrot, garlic and saute’ with salt + olive oil till translucent
- Add spices, beef + salt and saute’ for further 5 min
- Add Tomato paste, stock + Pomegranate Molasses. Simmer for 15-20 minutes. Adjust seasoning;
- Super important – Take 1.5 cups of the sauce out and put aside (try not to have beef in it as much as you can);
- Add rice to your sauce + mix;
- Oil a deep oven dish (~30cmX23cm) and start layering
✔️sauce ✔️cabbage leaves (like lasagna sheets) with a sprinkle of salt 🔁 + repeat about 4 times. Finish with a layer of cabbage and top it with reserved sauce. Make sure no rice is picking out.
- Cover with baking paper & foil. Bake on fan-Forced oven on 165 for 1.5 hrs. Last 20 minutes uncovered.
- Top with crumble feta & chopped parsley. Rest it for 15 min. Serve.