Turmeric & Coconut roasted Cauliflower & Broccoli w/ Broccoli and Almond Dressing and Black Rice
For roasted Cauliflower & Broccoli:
- Whole cauliflower sliced 2.5cm thick
- 3/4 Broccoli sliced 2.5cm thick
- 1/2 cup coconut yoghurt
- 1 tspn Tumeric
- 1/2 cup Olive oil
- 1 tspn salt (or more)
- 2 cups cooked Black Wild rice
Broccoli & almond dressing:
- 1 brown onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 broccoli – chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon – juiced
- 1 tspn salt
- 1 Tblspn roasted almonds
- 2 handful coriander leaves (leave a few to add to the rice at the end)
- Steam rice.
- Mix all roasting rub ingredients in a bowl, then brush cauliflower & broccoli on both side.
- Roast in a hot oven (~190deg) for about 15 min each side (golden brown + some crispy bits)
In the meantime make the broccoli & almond dressing:
- Sauté onion + garlic til translucent, add broccoli and cook for further 5 min.
- Put all dressing ingredients in a food processor and blitz till smooth (chunky is ok)
- Adjust seasoning (lemon, salt, pepper)
- Toss Rice through dressing. (keep some to dip the cauli + broc in).
- When roasted Cauliflower & Broccoli are ready, serve warm w/ dressed rice + extra dressing on the side.
*If you have broccoli dressing leftover, use it through Pasta.